Thursday, September 02, 2010

Jack London Credo quoted by Irving Shepard

I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.

I just find that he (Jack London) is an interesting writer. My told me that the fortune teller once told me that I'll be building my career on writing. I don't know what my destiny will be but writing has always been something I enjoy doing. There are too much information out there and I hope that I can do some FREE FLOW writing, not something too generic or commercial.
London is definitely not my first idol. The person who made the greatest impression on me when I was young is Charles Dickens. I cried when I read his biography which portrays how much hardship he has been through. His life experiences has great influences on his work which are projections of his own life. That is fascinating!

Another classical writer I adore is Hans Christian Andersen, the infamous Danish Fairy Tale writer. I used to love his stories more than anyone else's. Fairy tales leave space for us to imagine. They make us believe in possibilities. And I have come to accept myself for being dreamy after some time when I got lost in between, to get into the realistic side of living. If I would, I rather die of pursuing my dreams than to live a normal life and die without any different accomplishments in life.

That ignites the adventurer archetype in myself which I'm nurturing to set out a spiritual journey of self-discovery which I promise myself before I actually settle down and start a "normal' adult life (i.e. get a stable job, relationship, buy a house and contribute to the society and so on).

I'm gona let my spirits free! And live out the best in me. It's yet to happen but it shall happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home