Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Randy Pausch

Do you still remember what your childhood dreams are? Being someone great, living in a big house with all the coolest functions and futuristic technologies, driving a sports car which is greater than Batman's, going to space, having a wardrobe room, making some magic happen etc etc...

Well, I ashamed to say but, I have to refresh my memories on my childhood dreams because sometimes, I so "live" in reality that I neglected some of my childhood dreams. They are the "true dreams" because they are not what your parents want you to do, not what your teachers expect you to achieve nor what the society needs. They're purely what you hope for simply because you believe you'll be really happy to have realised them. I do have dreams now, but it's a different story. Those were like modified according to "pracitical-ability", "attainability", "social context suitability" and the list goes on. But in a dream, anything is possible. And the child, always dare to dream. Now, I'm going get my dreams back (from my long term memory).
And relist them. I'll realise them one by one before I get old and forget that I actually have all these dreams.

I will NOT sit here the whole day writing posts bout my childhood dreams because I am so inspired by this man that I tell myself, you have an assignment to be completed, and two more tests to sit for (reality's bell rings at me) so study hard, because there's a reason why you have to undergo all these although it may not be the most pleasurable things to be done. So, STOP PROCRASTINATING!

To cut it short, I've just added another idol to my list, Randy Pausch. A truly inspiring and great man who reminds me of what dreaming is about. I don't know how to describe with words, but all I can say is, thanks to YouTube, I get to watch such a great talk without being in the same place with him. Too bad, I'll never have the chance to watch him live, ever again...he passed away due to cancer, but he was surely an optimistic and energetic warrior!

OK, I have to go back to my studies (me watching YouTube the whole day is a hint how much I'm left behind my schedule but still, I think it's worth the time and I don't mind it being my exam week. Yea, you got it right, Facebook isn't my "in-est" thing now, YouTube is).

Need some inspiration? Get some here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf_H8CazRxk
That's the second one out of 11,it'll lead you to other episodes at the related videos. It will take more than an hour to finish all but still, like I say, you'll enjoy it, and learn something, for sure.
So, enjoy :)

Oh, before I forget, got some other inspiring stories from Cameron Diaz and Paul Holmes (this one being recommended by Clement, also a very good piece). Will be soon until I update again, not forgetting the queueing posts I promised myself. Till then.

4 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger curryegg said...

Yes. He is a real strong man I have ever come across with. Thanks to the Motivation class where Ms Ling showed the clip to us last year. He has inspired me, not to spoil a relationship because of an object/objects because things can buy and change, but never a real friendship/relationship.

Kah yau BS. See you tomorrow with the 'abnormal' attitude.. haha.. XD

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Shan said...

Ya,I think I attended that class too! No wonder I feel so familiar about this guy as if I've seen another video of his haha. Now I know why,thanks for refreshing my memory, I really salute him!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger SimianD said...

The most significant years of our lives may be the first 10, and the last 10.

A first 10 years of dreaming, and a last 10 years by which others will evaluate how we lived and finished our lives.

Thing is, we never know when those last 10 years start.

Enjoy the process of re-listing those dreams, and enjoy the journey of realising them; I think I should too!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Shan said...

That is very interesting because i can't decide which r the "more important" years, as every stage seems to be equally important. It is quite certain that we won't know whn the last ten yrs will be. Or worse, ten years is too long a period, it could have been just a short moment.
I think it's because of this uncertainty,we're motivated to realise our dreams and live the life that we want.
So, happy relisting your dreams n realising them too ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home