Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'll be Forever Fabulous;-)

It’s been a GREAT time over the past two months. I have experienced a once in a lifetime opportunity as one of Maybelline New York’s Simply Fabulous top ten finalists. The programme doesn’t end on the night of the Grand Finale itself because all the things that I’ve learnt will be carried with me throughout my life. Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive! I really appreciate the faith and belief that you have in me. Although I wasn’t the person who won the title, I can still feel that I am Simply Fabulous in my very own way.

I really had fun that night and I can feel that I had really “unmasked” myself! I didn’t feel anxious, I wasn’t nervous and all I did was enjoying every moment that I had. I feel like I have given my best on that night throughout this whole competition and I have no regrets. Looking back, I don’t even take this as a failure. I simply see it as a platform whereby I see where my strengths and weaknesses are. Besides, being with the other fabulous people in the whole programme has really made me grow in many ways! I get feedback, constructive comments, tips, stories and many more. This is simply an awesomely invaluable experience!
Like what I’ve always believed in, this is a continuous journey. The end of the programme does not mark the end of being a Fabulous person. I have realized so much… I am still proud of myself for being who I really am.
I am simple yet sophisticated.
I can be quiet but also LOUD.
I am down to earth but it doesn’t mean I can’t fly high.
I may not be a pro in MODELLING, but I believe I can be a ROLE MODEL of others.
When it comes to learning, there are no limits or boundaries for me. I’ll move on in my journey to pursue my dreams!

I’ll be positive all the way, I’ll be strong and humble. I’ll never stop upgrading myself in becoming a better person and will not forget about my philosophy to be a whole-rounded person. I hope to inspire people no matter where I am and touch people’s hearts. I’ll keep dreaming BIG. Frankly speaking, my dream is not to be a counselor only, my dream is MORE THAN THAT. That is one of the goals, I will reach. Other than that, I hope to bring more colours into others’ lives. To bring hope, to bring awareness, to nurture, and to help others grow.
This is part of my transformation. Still, I am so glad that you are all the witnesses of my transformation. I am sincerely grateful. I’ll not take whatever I have for granted. Once again, thank you. I hope everyone of you are doing well too!
Shall end this post with some pics of the night ;-)
Our gorgeous hosts. Henry Golding and Sarah Lian.

The QnA session. I was the second to come up.


Meet the judges. Kimberly from senior makeup artist and trainer from Maybelline NY, celebrity, Sazzy Falak; celebrity stylist and creative consultant, StevenSunny & Abhi from McCann.

Some bloggers described me as one of the quieter ones...well, I think I've justified myself. That's a part of me that was not shown in the webisodes, hehe...

Ready to rock the world!

Catwalking for Levi's new collection.

Ten of us. Calista voted by bloggers as Miss Superb Confidence and Diana voted by customers of Watsons as the face of So Gorgeous.


The long awaited moment...announcement of the title, Miss Simply Fabulous...NALINDER!

But we all are winners in some ways. Taken at the press conference.

Off stage with Hyma and Elensha. Thanks to all of you who have come to support me that night! Also not to forget those who couldn't come but still support me mentally :)

Some SS pics hoho...
Nothing's better than having a great meal with a good bunch of buddies after an entire night of event! Need to refill the energy used.

Credits are given to the photographers who own the rights of the pictures in this post. More photoes at my Facebook profile. Apologies for mistakes that I may have made in the details mentioned above.
Most importantly, don't forget to catch the show on 18/10(Sunday), 10pm at 8tv! An exclusive interview with the winner Nalin available at 8tv Quickie right after the show!

9 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Blogger Tiramisu said...

Yes you are :D! I will so haf voted for you hehe~

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Shan said...

Hi, Tiramisu. Thanks so much ;)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger SimianD said...

"I am simple yet sophisticated.
I can be quiet but also LOUD.
I am down to earth but it doesn’t mean I can’t fly high.
I may not be a pro in MODELLING, but I believe I can be a ROLE MODEL of others."

You can say that again. Way to go, simply fabulous girl!

;-)

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Shan said...

SimianD,
Hi, thanks so much for the recognition. Ya, it's way to go :D

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

CONGRATS for still being a WINNER IN OUR HEARTS!!!!

i read the reviews, it says u were the most popularly known lol!!!!

stay true and stay fabulous

see u this saturday :)

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Shan said...

Miu,
Thanks so much!
hmmm....What reviews?
Sure will ;)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Nlndr said...

hey babe! how are things with ya? :)

nice writeup btw. the competition has really affected all of us in positive ways. i've been blessed to know all you girls. see you in a few days ;)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Shan said...

Nalin, glad to hear from u! been good...catch up with u some time ;)

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also visit this webpage on regular basis to take updated from most up-to-date news.

Here is my web-site cccam editor 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home