Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pails

In the Chinese saying, “half-pail” means a person who knows a bit about something.I fall into
this category. I know a bit about several things but never an expert in any particular one. Those that I’m good in do no good for me.
Half pail may be seen as either half full or half empty. From the psychological aspect, if you perceive it as half full, then you are optimistic; otherwise, you’re pessimistic. In another case, there are several pails with different levels of water filled in each of them that you have to choose from. This will test your level of greed. If you chose the half-filled pail, it means your level of greed is 50%. If I were to tell you there are only 2 pails. One is half filled and the other half empty, which one would you choose? If you choose the half full one, it indicates that you’re more ambitious. If you choose the half empty one, you’re easily contented.
If each of us has a pail, would you rather be filling it with more water or to withdraw water from it?

3 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather have it filled more with water. Does that mean I am greedy? Darn why m i so not easily contented >.< oh ya... yo tortoise shan. long time no chat with you lo.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger curryegg said...

I choose the half full one..
Hehe... Am I ambitious?
Ya... I think so.. kekez...

;D

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Shan said...

Well, I would also choose half full...optimistic mar ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home