Thursday, October 13, 2005

Yea yea

Exam is finally over. And I finally get to come online. I didn’t blog for a long time because I wasn’t connected to the internet, or rather would I say that I’m too lazy to get online.
After exam, we went to watch a movie and discover new openings in the town. Our first destination was Kuching Plaza, the plaza no Thomians should miss. To prove that we are “pure” Thomians, we went to lepak there. It was only 9 something when we arrived so the place was empty…and a little creepy. The 8 of us walked the Mcdougall street until we reach Green Hill corner and decided that we should get the movie tickets first. It was The Skeleton Key that we were going to watch that afternoon. Then we walked down along riverside to Sarawak Plaza to see the so called concept stores which most of us hadn’t got to see after their openings for some time. I must say that we’re kinda out of date. Some carpets in the stores were stained already(they had been beige). I like the furniture though. Simple but trendy. I bet the whole renovation must have costed like blood. But one thing, the lights were to bright that I felt so dizzy. The place was white and the shiny surface of the walls reflect the light into my eyes. In the ladies’ department, there many shoes but they were displayed in a way that I didn’t know where to start from.
In the convenient shop at the ground floor, we found many alluring chocolates and fancy imported titbits. Worrying that we will have not enough money for lunch, we had to leave the shop like little kids who failed to get the candies they want. Then, we had lunch in McD. I tried the Vege Burger. It was not bad at all even though the patty was made of vege. Suddenly, I thought of SpongeBob’s crabby patty…hohoho…We even discussed our favourite McD burgers and prefer the prawn burger which was out for only a short period. I only realised how long I haven’t been to McD until the waiter offer us free refill for coke. I although I had a strawberry float, I asked him to refill my cup too. Ngeh…so kiasu of me, I just wanted to drink till the value I paid for ma… =p
About 30 minutes before the moive, we arrived at the cinema. We discover this rack where you can get free “postcards”. They’re advertisements of newly opened shops. Some were quite nice. I took one each hehehe……and again for the same reason like what I did in McD =p
About the movie, I put my thumbs up. It was not some sort of murduring nor some ghosts nonsense. It was about hoodoo, a kind of Afro black magic which was brought to the South of America. It is said that the mystic powers of hoodoo only work on those who believe in its existence. Human’s fragility was to blame because those who didn’t had faith will be the victims. Caroline (Kate Hudson), the heroin of the movie happened to be one of the victims even though she had been a tough woman, a person who has principle in her professional as a nurse. She left her job in a hospital and headed for a private hospice care in New Orleans, where people believe in hoodoo. Things happen, unbelievable things but Caroline just couldn’t leave her patient like that. It was guilt, for not being by the side of her father when he died. When she discover the secrets in the attic, she just couldn’t stop. Curiosity grows and lead the heroin to something which will change her whole life. watch it in the cinema the get your answer…It’s worth a watch, the tension, the thrill, and sensation for your eyes. Sensational because of the scene where sexy Kate Hudson bathed in a stormy night. It is not something unpredictable but still it has a good plot. Not everything seems to be prefectly reasonable, but still I think it’s better than the Japanese or Korean ghost movies which end just-like-that.